Enterprise Vault from Veritas has been around in various iterations for two decades. For a time it took a preeminent position on the archiving market. Since then, however, the world has changed and many of the features that made it a contender are no longer sufficient. As such, it’s instructive to look at the five main reasons to migrate from Veritas Enterprise Vault:
- Legacy Technology – Enterprise Vault came into being in 2006. Since then, not all portions of the technology have been refreshed equally. That legacy technology is coupled with third-party acquired products created in separate modules. As a natural consequence, the user experience is difficult and relies on navigating a variety of different modules, which may or may not cover all the electronic communications and data your organization generates.
- Lack of Real-Time Data Delivery – The archiving systems do not capture communications in real time, creating a gap between data being created and the archive securely storing a copy. This opens your organization up to potential risk.
- Limited Archive Access – Enterprise Vault only allows certain users to search and export and does not provide simple end user access to the archive. This places the burden on your IT department to manage any requests for access or file retrieval, ranging from mundane employee requests to legal requirements.
- Lack of Web Access – Enterprise Vault is not a web enabled system, meaning you can only access the archive from behind the corporate firewall. This places stark limitations on your ability to work with archived critical data.
- Separate Modules, Separate Login – Enterprise Vault forces you to log into separate modules piecemeal, with no ability to view all email, social, and mobile communication data from one location. This fragmentary nature has negative implications for your productivity and efficiency as it forces users to leapfrog between multiple independent systems to access archived data.
As a consequence of these issues, Enterprise Vault has long ceased to be a frontrunner in the archiving world; many of the lacking features and legacy elements represent either inefficiencies or outright risks for your organization. As such, it is recommended that you begin considering whether they remain a viable option for you long-term.
Meet all your company needs with TECH-ARROW
TECH-ARROW represents an ideal option for companies looking to improve their current structure; our company can offer both services in migration using our powerful contentGATE migrator tool, as well as a modern and flexible archive and backup system in our unitary contentACCESS suite.
Our contentGATE migrator tool offers companies an easy and stress-free way to migrate their archived data while minimizing any risks of data loss. Leverage our decades of experience and take full advantage of our team to ensure your migration goes off smoothly.
contentACCESS represents a modern archiving system tailored to meet the demands of the current archiving market. Our archive can also guarantee all the retention options and policies required to ensure your company remains not only safe and secure, but also in compliance with the continuously expanding legal frameworks regulating data retention.
Despite this increase in security, contentACCESS ensures your stored data remains continuously available. Our solution provides coverage of your most critical business information – including SharePoint, Emails, Microsoft Teams chats, and other files. All of these are kept secure within a single unified archiving system, while remaining completely accessible for your employees through a variety of means including our Web Access portal, Outlook integration options and mobile app. Staying connected on the move has never been easier.
If you’re ready to take the next step in protecting your critical business data, contact us; our team of experts is ready and waiting to talk to you about your company archiving and migration needs, and is happy to schedule a cost-free consultation to discuss your next steps into a productive future.
Take the best steps to protect your data – with TECH-ARROW.
Archive all your O365 data with contentACCESS